I am a big fan of the three card spread. They are quick to lay out; only three cards to evaluate as opposed to seven or more in some of the classic tarot spreads, they get to the point and deliver only the info you need immediately and they are infinitely flexible lending themselves to generalized readings but, and this is the sweet part, they can also cut to the chase depending on the question you ask and what meaning you assign to the position.
Some ideas for assigning meanings to a Three Card Spread:
- Past- Present-Future
- You-The Issue-The Other Person
- What I Can't Change-The Issue-What I Can Change
- The Issue-The Obstacle-The Outcome
- Option One-Option Two-Option Three
- You Today-Your Potential-Action/Area of Attention To Move Forward
As you can see, the possibilities are endless. How would you interpret this reading?