Sunday, June 15, 2008

TaDah!!!

First, a couple of blasts from the past, so you know where we started.









Here's where we are today.








I can't even guesstimate the hours this has taken. I do know it's been 3 10 cubic yard dumpsters, 3 big boxes of the largest black garbage bags, 4 large boxes of white kitchen garbage bags and an unknown number of trips hauling it all down to the curb. If it had not been quite so exhausting as it was going on, there might be a few more photos of the mountains of bags and miscellaneous stuff that faced the trash men every Thursday morning for the last 9 weeks.

For me, it's been a major physical challenge, as I work a full time job, commute almost 2 hours a day and then have spent the majority of both weekend days in the house. It's been all I can do to keep the laundry done.Thanks to my own hero, the Viking, we've had meals everynight and the cat boxes cleaned! That's major, btw, when you have 4 cats.

The job also ate up a full 2 weeks time of a visiting granddaughter, 4 full days of other relatives, and a couple of weekend friend helping days. Mind boggling. Some day soon I'll share some interesting finds with you all that seem to be beyond reason. Like.... in a house where only 2 people live, and one has passed on, why are there extra sets of teeth whose owner can't be identified?????


Here's one of the infamous and wonderfully helpful Recliner Man facing the first of the monsters, when we all thought one would do the trick. What fools we mortals be.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Woooooo Hooooooo You are done~

Anonymous said...

Wow, what a difference. I actually, sort of, like the house now. That was such a huge job. Hopefully it won't be half the job next time around.

Susan said...

Wendy, you are scaring me. My parents house is packed with stuff from basement to attic. I've been thinking the answer to all their clutter (which they say they are leaving for "us kids"), is a match.

How you doing otherwise?

Wendy Gunderson said...

Guess what, the real estate agent says she was disturbed by all the trash left in the garage! Ever seen the old Dracula movie where the insane guy is giggling hysterically over bugs.... that was my reaction.