Thursday, January 10, 2008

Number 1 Reason To Not Drive After Dark


It was a dark and lonely night. No moon. Just me and then a deer. It ended worse for the deer. Fortunately, I wasn't speeding and I saw the deer in time to move almost all the way into the other lane, but I still hit the poor huge animal.
Guess my first stop in the morning is a body shop.
Update... Lucky for me, the car is driveable. The estimate for total repairs is $5 more than the Blue Book value on the car! Other than the headlight, I think I'll turn a blind eye to cosmetics. It's running pretty rough this morning, so I dropped it off at the shop to have them check it out.
As far as collisions go, this could have been much worse. At least the deer didn't come through the windshield and I was able to drive home.

No comments: